Helpful Hints for Storing the Items You Value
1. Plan your storage space. Place items you need to access often near the front. Allow for walkways.
2. Make an inventory of your stored items and keep it in a safe place.
3. Use uniform size boxes for easy stacking. Be sure your boxes are strong enough for the things you put in them.
4. List contents of boxes on the sides and top. Number boxes and seal them with tape.
5. Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier ones.
6. Wrap dishes and glassware in paper and stack on top.
7. Wrap pictures & mirrors in cardboard, mark as fragile, stack on end.
8. Do not store anything combustible; ie. gasoline, paint thinner, solvents, paints, etc.
9. Use furniture with drawers to store small items such as photos, nick- knacks, and china. Wrap breakable items in towels, or blankets.
10. Larger appliances make excellent “packing cases” for blankets,towels, and clothes.
11. Tables with removable legs can be “broken down” to save space.
12. Sofas and love seats can be stored on end to save floor space.
13. If storing on a concrete floor, place items on boards or pallets to guard against dampness.
14. Cover furniture with blankets or sheets to protect against dust.
15. If you stand mattresses on their side, prop them up so they stand straight. Otherwise, they may bend and lose their shape.
16. Shovels, rakes, and hoses can be stored in empty trash cans.
Special Options to Suit your Storage Needs!
Connect with us online!